Saturday 23 August 2014

Moon Mice have landed



Well, a huge and loud 'Tadaaa!' He's finally finished, and I have to say (with a huge cheesy grin), that I'm really pleased! 


Technical Stuff
 His body, head and nose, are all one piece. So its an easy pattern for all levels of skill.
I think, if I wanted him to look downwards a bit more, I could easily just 'pull' in the rounds underneath his neck by placing a straight stitch downwards and tugging it gently together.

However, for my Moon Mouse, I like him looking upwards and happily stargazing.
I quite like the simplicity of this Mouse's armour.
For Experiment number one, I attached a thread across all the 'plates' of armour, to make them look attached and more realistic.

I think however, it ended up looking too busy and messy. So I'm a lot happier with the modified uniform for Experiment Mouse number two!


Its simpler, its gives the desired affect, and all whilst looking fabulous!




Here they both are, cousins from different moons across the galaxy! The mouse on the left, lives on a moon with less sun rays, and more chocolate - Thats my kind of moon! 

Here is the authentic, official photograph of the Moon Mouse landing. 
Our earth isn't quite the same as his home on a distant moon, but I hope he'll be happy here! Hopefully more of his friends will be landing soon ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Where can I get this pattern from? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to leave me a message or question, then please do so here! x